Monday, May 17, 2010

The 12 Week Blowdry

After much investigation and talking to people who have tried this I decided to treat myself to the 12 week Blowdry. Also known as "The Brazilian Blowdry" this treatment is used to tame unmanageable tresses and lasts for 3 to 4 months.
I went into Mizu of Riverlane, Dundalk and the girls were very friendly. They explained that this isn't a straightening treatment, but it smooths out your hair and puts all the goodness back into it. After having a disaster with hair extensions last year, I needed all the goodness I could get.
The girl washes my hair and leaves the shampoo in for 5 minutes. After rinsing my hair , their are two girls putting pure keratin into every strand of my hair. The product is called Global Keratin Hair Taming Treatment and smells of oranges.. After this is applied the girls dry my hair and seal every strand with straighteners. I am then strongly advised that I shouldn't tie my hair back or clip it up or even put it behind my ears until I get the treatment washed out. This was going to be a long 4 days.

Day One;  My hair looks smooth and is frizz free. Although tempted to put behind my ears I resist and enjoy the rest of my evening.

Day Two; I wake up to find my hair is still pretty straight apart from one side which went a bit wavy from sleeping on it. The girl told me to keep straightening my hair if I came across any wavy bits so I do that a few times throughout the day. My hair is still shiny and sleek.

Day 3; Okay, I now feel like someone has poured cod liver oil all over my head, my hair looks straight and frizz free but it feels greasy. I remind myself that it will all be worth it... One more day to go so I avoid leaving the house and use the straighteners a few more times.

Day 4: Yipeeeee, I am getting my free wash and blowdry today. It is needed as I now look like someone who hasn't washed their hair for a month. I made an early appointment so I didn't have to spend the rest of the day looking like a grease monkey.

THE END RESULT; My hair looks fab, the girl recommends I buy the Shampoo and Conditioner which is €39 and they give me a complimentary Kerastase room fragrance. I leave a very happy bunny.

One week later; I have washed my hair a few times myself now and every time it has been so easy to style and takes less that 10 minutes. I let it dry naturally the other day and it went into a lovely wave with no frizzy bits. No more need to use frizz-ease or any other lotions and potions to smooth your hair. I find you only need a little shampoo and the conditioner is lovely, again you only need a little bit so this should last the full 12 weeks.
The treatment cost €180.00 and that includes a complimentary wash and blowdry 4 days after the treatment is applied. I thinks its great value for money and would recommend it to anyone. Mizu have a page on facebook and they always notify you of offers so keep an eye out as they sometimes do the treatment for €150.00
Think of how much you spend in 3 to 4 months on Blowdry's??? This could be your Saving Grace!!!

Mizu Of Riverlane: +353 42 9330933 website: http://www.mizu.ie/

Have a good hair day everyday peoples.

S
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Really great article Sinead.I must try this out for myself. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for your feedback, let me know how you get on ::
    S
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete