Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer is upon us!!


I wake up some days and look out the window and think great, its sunny, maybe I'll take the summer wardrobe out.. Then the clouds arrive and it starts raining. My Mum will always say to me "Never cast a clout til May is out" which basically means, dont take out the summer stuff til June... I never listen..
I looked at all my plant pots and they looked horrendous and I wanted to cheer up my garden a bit so I decided to go and get some lovely plants... After that, I was on a role so I then packed the kids up into the car and went in search for a table and chairs. I came accross an old table and chairs in a charity shop in Newry and got the whole lot for €30.oo, bought a tin of duck egg green paint for €15.00. I couldnt wait to get back and start my little challenge..
I had old cushions in the attic which I covered with bits of material that I had bought last year from the Remnant Basket in Dundalk for €5.00

The end Result; My new table and chairs look amazing and I cannot wait to sit out in my garden (whenever Summer decides to arrive) and have tea and scones...

The paint was bought from colourtrend and the colour is "Reflection"

I hope this inspires you, instead of spending huge money on garden furniture from your local DIY shop, go look in second hand and charity shops. You will certainly find something you can restore or give new life to. I have and it feels brilliant..

S
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment